House Warming

4:30 PM Edit This 0 Comments »


I am enjoying our new house. The location is more conducive to living, within the suburds, cleaner and quiet. There are a row of shoplots opposite our house but luckily no kopitiam. (hawkers center). The only activity is a gas tank distributer, where you'll hear the daily loading of gas tanks onto the lorry.

My partner and I hosted a housewarming party for close friends. I made some local dishes, Penang style and the recipe borrowed from my mom. I made nasi lemak, sambal ikan bilis (anchovies chilli curry), sambal telur (hard boiled egg with chilli sauce), sayur paku salad. My brother bought a roast duck. We bought kurma chicken and fried vermicelli.

The dress code for everyone was to come in a sarong and some friends did. I realized how westernize we have become with friends bringing bottles of wine as gifts. Since when did Malaysians do that?
I think what makes a home are the people, especially having it filled with the laughter of friends and family!

0 comments: