Quiet Love

2:28 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I was at work when my housemate called to inform that my dog, Happy ran away. She was distraught and it was 6pm then. I finished work and rushed home at 9pm. Happy did not return.
I went into my bedroom, sat on the floor and covered my face with hands as I cried. After half an hour of weeping, I looked up and saw my other dog, Buf sitting queitly at my bedroom door watching me. She just stood there for as long as I was crying. Then I managed a weak smile, opened my arms wide and she walked towards my welcoming gesture. She started to lick the tears off my wet face.
I remember the many times when I just had to talk or confide in a friend to get the load out of my chest. I remember too, how frequently my story was interrupted by friends who then reply with a lengthy advice or opinion of the situation. Howabout just allowing me the chance to speak because my heart is so heavy? I wasn't expecting a solution or advice. I just wanted some one to listen and be around for that moment. No need to talk, we talk too much anyhow. So much more comfort can be extended through a quiet embrace.
Oh ya, Happy my runaway little rascal returned at 10pm with a limp and a swollen foot.

0 comments: