Simple Pleasures

11:23 AM Posted In Edit This
What makes your heart chuckle, or beat a 'cantabile' tune?




Starting the day with a yoga asana
My mat placed in a park
Breathing in the fresh morning air
At present, just the asana, the wet grass, no other cares.

Cradling a kitten in my hand,
Rubbing its little tummy
Watching as it falls into slumber, I was its mummy
Like Thumbelina on a lily pad.

Bathing my dog Milo
Scrubbing and covering him in soap suds
Being splattered and covered with droplets
Then he tangles furiously with the towel

Sitting beside my father
Listening to his endless preaching
About life, my father the philospher
My encyclopaedia, full of wisdom and wit, always teaching
Oh how I love this man.

Having family dinner
A table laid out by my mother
Everyone digging in enthusiastically
My mum's cooking, that brought our family together.

Digging my hand into soil
Burying a seed
Watching it turn into a little plant
A flower for beauty or a herb which feeds.

Checking out long lost classmates
In Facebook
Seeing old school photos
From then and now, how beautiful each one of them look.

After work, watching some children
Playing with a fountain
Hand and feet stepping on the water pipes
Splashing, drenched, yet you hear squeals of delight.

Seeping lavender tea
At the end of the day
Listening to gregorian chants
Just doing nothing, except seeping tea

Before I go to sleep
Silencing my mind
In meditation
Listening to the sounds of the Universe
Reaching out to God.