Happy Feet

8:53 PM Posted In Edit This
“I have been on my feet the whole day”. from a young woman in stilettos
“All kenyans run.” From a Kenyan who won the KL marathon
“The buffaloes needed extra coaxing today.” From a farmer in Indonesia


Feet how delightful you are,
Giving me wheels to run like a car.
And as I listen to the beat of rhythmic drums,
I find my feet tapping a thump thump.


When the first young grass of spring grows
I would eagerly skip over the grass like a deer, hops of highs and lows.
And in summer as I go to the beach
What pleasure to walk bare feet
To leave my imprints on the sandy beach
And watched as the waves washed them away.

I could think of different ways to make my feet look pretty,
Like painting my toe nails ,
Or wearing a pair of Jimmy Choo’s then walking silly.

At five, it didn’t make any sense when mum bought me sensible canvas shoes
When what I wanted to wear were fancy court shoes.
Ironically now as an adult I get to choose
Boots, court shoes, platforms or stilettos
Yet, all I long for were my comfortable sensible canvas shoes.

I used to day dream to be 6 footer model
Until the day I saw a footless man.
Then I sunk on knees in gratitude
For being an average five footer.

What I would like to be remembered on my grave
This woman has travelled far
This woman has climbed mountains and braved
Many a storm
Although, this woman has fallen many times,
Yet, “She always got back on her feet.”