Chubi-Chubi toys at Arts for Grabs

8:21 PM Edit This 0 Comments »






Chubi – Chubi toys participated in Arts for Grabs at Central Market on 27 & 28 August 2009. The toys welcomed a new friend into their group Nana the Elephant.
Visitors who came over to my store were curious about the toys being made out of socks and gloves. Someone remarked “I hope I won’t be smelling “your” feet.” A college Art Director asked if I would like to run a workshop on creating toys with recycled material.
Another lady from a restaurant asked if she could write or produce a film about my idea of using everyday material and recycling things to create toys. A group of ladies who were old friends and had not seen each other for 10 years, bumped into each other in front of my store. After several photo sessions at my store and knocking over my toys over and over again, they invited me to join their society which promotes local crafts. I took a photo with a happy customer who bought Chiku. There was this little girl of 4, who bought Kuntum, and kept coming over to my store. Each time she came, Kuntum put on a new accessory, 1st a flower pin, then a ski cap, then a large rose pinned to the cap!

0 comments: