Little Penang Flea Market

4:40 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
.




Little Penang is a bazaar of sorts held every last Sunday of the month. It is held at upper Penang Road, opposite the grand E&O hotel.
I participated in the bazaar last August, featuring my creation of soft toys, Chubi-Chubi. They were enthusiastically received by the Penang folk and tourist. My store was set right beside the stage. There was entertainment throughtout the day from Temple of Fine Arts, a Scots lady with a soprano voice who is multi-lingual, a Capoeira performance, a Rap Group and a loud band.
The table beside mine, sold expensive good books and massage equipment and a reasonably cheap price. The lady manning the store turned out to be my ex-colleague. The store behind me is manned by a representative from the Spice Garden, a restaurant and gift shop in Teluk Bahang. She is so resourceful, using a hammer to break her coconut and scraping the coconut. She demonstrated her cooking skills and some recipes. Another interesting store was a costume jewelry store with accessories made out of bra hooks. That is originality! I did not expect to get free sewing tips/classes from my "fairy godmother" mentor. This older lady suddenly approached my store, walked behind it and stood behind me as I sewed. Then she began to correct my less neat stitches. Before I knew it, she was sewing and teaching me different forms of stitching and how to hide the thread.
It was a day of Receiving and Blessings. I got a business proposal for the Chubi-Chubi Toys. Yay!

0 comments: