Pay it Forward

6:16 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
One of the more memorable movies which I've watched. The child actor, i can't remember his name is incredible. Anyhow, the concept goes, to do a good deed to 3 persons. The people who received the good deed does another good deed to 3 other persons, so it cascades till everyone is touched by generosity and kind acts.

I could afford to resume yoga classes again. Yesterday I went for my 2nd class after stopping for 8 months since being without a job. My guru Manoj asked me to stay back after class because he wanted to talk to me. I did. He asked about my wellbeing and my absence from classes. I told him of my financial situation, and that I recently begun as a hawker. Sales are still slow and I have to watch my expenses. He immediately offered to give me free classes for the next 3 months as long as I enjoy yoga. I said " I could not impose on him." You see, one of things that I missed doing since being jobless, was yoga. Then i started sobbing uncontrollably. Of which typical of a yogi he said "take deep breaths". The sobs continued till after i walked out of class.
I'm touched by his kindness, generosity, selflessness. I think that is what a true guru is, extending knowledge to others, without asking for anything back. This is greatness, when one is in the position to give and help, you just do it.

I am consciously following my guru's example, and extend kindness, love and support to others. Today, i took my helper to see a doctor. I donated all my leftover food to a home for the mentally ill.

I am paying it forward. As long as i'm in the position to help, I will.

0 comments: