Bras

11:16 AM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I recently watched a documentary on the evolution of female undergarment; from its original purpose of keeping a woman's form modestly bound up to accentuating them.


I recalled my mother telling me of the corsets that she was forced to wear, where her breast were flattened like an airport runaway. The corsets were sewn by my grandmother, from white cotton fabric with a row of tiny buttons in front and which did not define the female form. Mother told me she bought her first bra with her first salary as a teacher. My grandmother glared at her when her young proud breast protruded from under her blouse. My grandmother was a strict disciplinarian and conservative, and she immediately accused my mother of not wearing a bra. She was required to put on her corset once again.


I find shopping for a bra, a chore. Once I enlisted the help of a Triumph sales woman who was very enthusiastic in recommending her array of bras. I was looking for a half cup bra, where I can remove the strap as well (this was before the creation of silicon transparent bra straps). She introduced 10 types of bras, half cup, 3/4 cup and full cup. Her enthusiasm entended to offering to help me to put on the bras.


So with her 10 bras, the Triumph lady and I entered the Changing Room. As I put on my first bra, the Triumph lady instructed me to bend down and then she greedily scooped my breast, starting with the fats from the outer sides of the armpit, moving to the middle part into the cups of the bra. She instructed in a somewhat authorative manner, "the right way of wearing a bra is by bending over so that your breasts falls nicely into the cup." After every bra, Triumph Lady and I would study my image in the mirror. Anyhow finally after trying on all the bras and perspiring profusely, I selected 3 bras.


My new half cup, strapless bra was put to the test when I went out with my girlfriends for a night of dancing. After 15 minutes of vigorous jiggling to Lou Vega's Mambo Number Five, I found something sliding to my waist!

0 comments: