My first Valentine

6:02 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
How does it feel like falling in love?
I hear some say
It is a sense of euphoria
And once you have taken a bite
How it engulfs you with a feverish delight
Many people have fallen prey
And they
Foolishly celebrate Valentines Day
Lavishing their objects of love
With chocolates or a room filled with roses
Confectionary dealers, florists and Hallmark cards
Will have a field day
As their cash register will ring
With the sweet sounds of prosperity "clang cling".

I remember
Receiving my first Valentine card
When I was fifteen
From a tall large indian boy of sixteen
I met him at a neighbor's party
Who when he danced, the floor tremored
And how he could sweat buckets
And held me tight like a big sweaty bear
As the music changed from disco to a ballad
My skinny body resist and want to tear
From this big wet bear
But my face was smothered
Under his armpit which became Niagara Falls
And I had to endure this "sweet" torture
Until the last notes
Of Air Supply
When he released me, I gasp and sighed.

After the party,
The boy next door, Mr Vincent Wee
Arranged to take me out on my first date
It was Valentine's day and he wants to celebrate.
My sister primmed me up for this date.
But suddenly both Mr Black Bear and Mr Wee arrived at my front gate.
I was bemused,
But not in the least amused.
At these siamese twins,
Who could not do without the other.
So, to both, I said;
"Stop this charade",
"It's one or the other".
They appeared confused
As Zorro could not do without Tonto
So to both I said,
Please GO.

0 comments: